Parent/Child Incorporated is accepting employment applications for the following positions from Tuesday November 7, 2017 until position are filled. Applications will be taken between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at 7815 Mainland Dr. 78250.Parent/Child Incorporated offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, long term and short term disability, retirement and life insurance benefits, Gold’s Gym membership, paid holidays, PTO leave, and in-service & professional development training. Resumes or letters of interest may be mailed to Parent/Child Incorporated, Human Services Office, P.O. Box 380055, San Antonio, Texas 78268-7055, attention Diana Vogt, Human Resources Coordinator or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted on the Parent/Child Incorporated website at www.parentchildinc.com. No phone calls accepted. Only qualified applicants should apply. Employment contingent upon satisfactory results of the following:
- Enrollment in Child Care Division – Central Background Registry
- Sex Offender Registry
- FBI Fingerprinting Check
- Drug Screening
- Health Screening
At time of application submit the following documents:
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Education Documents (Degree, Official College transcripts, HS Diploma/GED, etc.)
- Certification/Concentration Documents if applicable (CDA, RN, LVN, etc.)
Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN):
SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating, assessing and implementing an effective comprehensive Health Services Program for all children enrolled in all Parent/Child Incorporated programs. This position involves extensive record keeping, organizing, problem- solving and time management.
Qualifications and Requirements: Bachelor degree in Health Education; in lieu of a degree, a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). Three (3) years experience working in the medical field or social service agency. Must be licensed in the state of Texas.
Special Knowledge/Skills: Ability to coordinate health services for children in accordance to local, state and federal guidelines. Knowledge of Medicaid, CHIPS and other third party regulations.
Essential Functions: Responsible for abiding by PCI Policies and Procedures, as well as, adhere to Head Start ACF Performance Standards and TDFPS (Texas Department of Family and Protectives Services) Minimum Standards, and CACFP, relating to the Health Services Program.
- Will coordinate, implement and monitor all Health Services for PCI children.
- Will ensure that physical and dental clinics are rendered by appropriate health providers as defined in the federal, state and local guidelines for all PCI enrollees.
- Will ensure that health/dental referrals and follow-ups are processed in a timely manner for compliance purposes.
- Will assist with monitoring Texas Health Step Medical Checkups Periodicity Schedule effort and make recommendations when necessary.
- Will maintain and process appropriate health records on enrolled children as per agency’s procedures as well as prescreening procedures for scheduled clinics.
- Will develop and update Clinic Schedules, disseminate to all PCI Centers, Content Areas, Departments and Health Providers.
- Will comply in preparing and delivering Notification to PCI Centers at least one (1) week prior to dental clinic.
- Will submit on a monthly basis (by the 3rd) a report of the tasks accomplished by the end of the previous month.
- Will provide T/TA to Education Center Coordinator in completing all health Services Source Documents for submission.
- Will conduct on-site center visits to ensure healthy environments for children.
- Will track all children’s accident reports, insurance claim forms and hospital invoices for processing claims.
- Will work with Distribution center staff to ensure the distribution of medical and first aid kit supplies to PCI Centers.
- Maintains detailed, accurate, up-to-date and confidential records including; child health files, health services tracking system and documentation of all activities; develops and submits timely reports of component service provision and activities for director. Maintains strict child, family and staff confidentiality at all times.
Early Head Start Teacher - Kindred:
Education: High School Diploma or GED. Current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential Infant & Toddler.
Experience: One (1) year experience working with infants and toddlers.
Primary Function: Teacher who primary function is to provide a safe, healthy and happy environment that fosters learning; implementation of individual education plans, planning and providing activities consistent with the Program’s objectives and Head Start Philosophy and maintains accurate records with assistance of the Education Trainer.
Teacher Assistant – East Central:
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent. A Child Development Associate Credential (CDA) pre-school.
Experience: Six (6) months experience working with young children.
Primary Function: To assist the Teacher in providing a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment that fosters children’s growth and development in accordance with Head Start Program Performance Standards
Education: High School Diploma or GED preferred Experience: One (1) year custodial or related work experience preferred
Primary Function: Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and healthy indoor and outdoor environment at assigned center/site.
ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed in a child development center environment, in which employee may experience hazardous chemical, cleaning materials, dust, dirt and fumes, noise and a limited exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Maintain emotional control under stress. Moderate walking, standing, stooping, sitting, kneeling, bending, and twisting, pushing/pulling, overhead reaching. Subject to visual acuity, speech/hearing, hand/eye coordination, and manual dexterity. Ability to lift up 10 -50 pounds frequently.Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job.
Parent/Child Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, disabilities, sex, religion, national origin or age. Individuals interested in being considered for the above positions and possess the required qualifications are encouraged to submit an application to the Human Resources Office. Interested internal individuals should submit a memo of interest.