Parent/Child Incorporated is accepting employment applications for the following positions from Thursday January 8, 2019 until position are filled. Applications will be taken between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at 7815 Mainland Dr. 78250. Parent/Child Incorporated offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, long term and short erm disability, retirement and life insurance benefits, Gold’s Gym membership, paid holidays, PTO leave, and in-service & professional development training. Resumes or letters of interest may be mailed to Parent/Child Incorporated, Human Services Office, P.O. Box 380055, San Antonio, Texas 78268-7055, attention Diana Vogt, Human Resources Coordinator or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted on the Parent/Child Incorporated website at www.parentchildinc.com. No phone calls accepted. Only qualified applicants should apply. Employment contingent upon satisfactory results of the following:
- Enrollment in Child Care Division – Central Background Registry
- Sex Offender Registry
- FBI Fingerprinting Check
- Drug Screening
- Health Screening
At time of application submit the following documents:
Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Education Documents (Degree, Official College transcripts, HS Diploma/GED, etc.)
- Certification/Concentration Documents if applicable (CDA, RN, LVN, etc.)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating, assessing and implementing of an effective comprehensive Health Services Program for all children enrolled in all Parent/Child Incorporated programs. This position involves extensive record keeping, organizing, problem solving and time management.
Qualifications and Requirements:
degree in Health Education, in lieu of a degree, a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN). Three (3) year experience working in the medical field or social service agency. Must be licensed in the state of Texas.
Special Knowledge/Skills: Ability to coordinate health services for children in accordance to local, state and federal guidelines. Knowledge in Medicaid, CHIPS and other third party regulations.
Responsible for abiding by PCI Policies and Procedures, as well as, adhere to Head Start ACF Performance Standards and TDFPS (Texas Department of Family and Protectives Services) Minimum Standards, and CACFP, relating to the Health Services Program.
- Will coordinate, implement and monitor all Health Services for PCI children.
- Will ensure that physical and dental clinics are rendered by appropriate health providers as defined in the federal, state and local guidelines for all PCI enrollees.
- Will ensure that health/dental referrals and follow-ups are processed in a timely manner for compliance purposes.
- Will assist with monitoring Texas Health Step Medical Checkups Periodicity Schedule effort and make recommendations when necessary.
- Will maintain and process appropriate health records on enrolled children as per agency’s procedures as well as prescreening procedures for scheduled clinics.
- Will develop and update Clinic Schedules, disseminate to all PCI Centers, Content Areas, Departments and Health Providers.
- Will comply in preparing and delivering Notification to PCI Centers at least one (1) week prior to dental clinic.
- Will submit on a monthly basis (by the 3rd) a report of the tasks accomplished by the end of the previous month.
- Will provide T/TA to Education Center Coordinator in completing all health Services Source Documents for submission.
- Will conduct on-site center visits to ensure healthy environments for children.
- Will track all children’s accident reports, insurance claim forms and hospital invoices for processing claims.
- Will work with Distribution center staff to ensure the distribution of medical and first aid kit supplies to PCI Centers.
- Maintains detailed, accurate, up-to-date and confidential records including; child health files, health services tracking system and documentation of all activities; develops and submits timely reports of component service provision and activities for director.
- Maintains strict child, family and staff confidentiality at all times.
Education Center Coordinator
Summary: To provide leadership to ensure compliance with Agency policies, success of the educational program and operation of all center activities to ensure a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment that fosters children’s growth and development in accordance with Head Start Program Performance Standards.
Education: Baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field. Baccalaureate or advanced degree with a program of study that includes seven or more courses in Early Childhood Education or Child Development twenty-one (21) hours.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience as an Education Center Coordinator.
Starting wage per hour: $18.34
EHS CDA Teachers:
Education: High School diploma or Equivalent. A current Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential in Infant & Toddler.
Experience: One (1) year of experience working with pre-school children. Must have experience working with young children.
Starting wage per hour: $12.56
BA Degreed Teachers – Judson ISD & Northeast ISD:
Summary – To provide a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment that fosters children growth’s and development in accordance with Head Start Program Performance Standards.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field.
Experience: One (1) year experience working with preschool children.
Starting wage per hour: $16.67
Teacher Assistants – Judson ISD & Northeast ISD:
Summary – To assist the Teacher in providing a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment
that fosters children’s growth and development in accordance with the Head Start Program
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED), and a Child Development Associate (CDA)
Credential (CDA) preschool setting.
Experience: Six (6) months experience working with young children.
Starting wage per hour: $10.38
Family Service Workers – Judson ISD & Northeast ISD:
Summary: Responsible for coordinating, implementing and evaluating all family service activities to
include delivery of support services, preparing a Family Partnership Agreement and case management
activities for their caseload.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED). A Family Service Credential.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience working with families with a strong emphasis in
Starting wage per hour: $11.40
Custodian – Lost Creek:
Summary – Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and healthy indoor and outdoor environment
at assigned center.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED).
Experience: One (1) year custodial or related work experience preferred.
Starting wage per hour: $8.55
WORKING CONDITIONS FOR THE ABOVE LISTED POSITIONS
Mental Demands/ Physical Demands/ Environmental Demands
Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing, overhead reaching and keyboarding. Subject to visual acuity, speech/hearing, hand/eye coordination, and manual dexterity. May be required to work more than 40 hours during the workweek. Lifts 5-10 pounds occasionally, more than 50 pounds infrequently.
Parent/Child Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, disabilities, sex, religion, national origin or age. Individuals interested in being considered for the above positions and possess the required qualifications are encouraged to submit an application to the Human Resources Office. Interested internal individuals should submit a memo of interest.