Parent/Child Incorporated is accepting employment applications for the 2019 – 2020 school year for the following positions from Thursday, June 13, 2019 through Wednesday, June 19, 2019. Applications will be taken between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at 7815 Mainland Dr.
Parent/Child Incorporated offers a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, long term disability and short term disability, retirement, life insurance benefits, Gold’s Gym membership, paid holidays, PTO leave, and in-service training.
Resumes or letters of interest may be mailed to Parent/Child Incorporated, Human Services Office, P.O. Box 380055, San Antonio, Texas 78268-0055, attention Diana Vogt, Human Resources Coordinator or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted. Only qualified applicants should apply. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results of the following:
• Enrollment in Child Care Division-Central Background Registry
• Sex Offender Registry
• FBI Fingerprinting Check
• Drug Screening
• Health Screening
At time of application, submit the following documents:
1. Three (3) Letters of Reference
2. Education Documents (Degree, College transcripts, GED/HS Diploma, etc.)
3. Certification/Concentration Documents, if applicable (CDA, LVN, RN, etc.)
Education Center Coordinators – (PCI Early Learning Academy, George Gervin, Escondido, Wagner, and Judson High School)
Summary: To provide leadership to ensure compliance with Agency policies, success of the
educational program and operation of all center activities to ensure a safe, healthy, and nurturing
learning environment that fosters children’s growth and development in accordance with Head Start
Program Performance Standards.
- Education: Baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field. Baccalaureate or advanced degree with a program of study that includes seven or more courses in Early Childhood Education or twenty-one (21) hours in Child Development.
- Experience: Two (2) years experience as an Education Center Coordinator.
- Starting wage per hour: $18.34
Early Head Start CDA Teachers
Summary: To provide a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment that fosters children’s growth
and development in accordance with the Early Head Start Program Performance Standards.
- Education: High School diploma or Equivalent. A current Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential in Infant & Toddler.
- Experience: One (1) year experience working with pre-school children. Must have experience working with young children.
- Starting wage per hour: $12.39
BA Degreed Teachers
Summary: To provide a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment that fosters children’s growth
and development in accordance with the Head Start Program Performance Standards.
- Education: Baccalaureate Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field.
- Experience: One (1) year experience working with preschool children.
- Starting wage per hour: $16.67
Summary: To assist the Teacher in providing a safe, healthy, and nurturing learning environment
that fosters children’s growth and development in accordance with the Head Start Program Performance
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED), and a Child Development Associate Credential/ (CDA) in Preschool.
- Experience: Six (6) months experience working with young children.
- Starting wage per hour: $10.38
Family Service Workers
Summary: Responsible for coordinating, implementing and evaluating all family service activities to
include delivery of support services, preparing a Family Partnership Agreement and case management
activities for their caseload.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED). A Family Service Credential.
- Experience: Three (3) years experience working with families with a strong emphasis in case management.
- Starting wage per hour: $11.40
Summary: Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe and healthy indoor and outdoor environment at assigned center. Must be willing to travel at diffrent designated locations.
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED).
- Experience: One (1) year custodial or related work experience preferred.
- Starting wage per hour: $8.55
- Responsible for answering the agency’s main telephone line via the switchboard and routing to appropriate staff person and/or taking concise messages to include delivery of those messages.
- Responsible for welcoming everyone who enters the Headquarters Building and ensuring that those persons not housed in the building sign in and are directed to the appropriate employee to conduct business. Will assist with the day-to-day operations in the Chief Executive Office as needed, to include, but not limited to filing and preparing communications.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED. Two (2) years receptionist and clerical experience.
- Will answer the Agency’s main telephone line via the switchboard and route to appropriate staff person or provide telephone number to appropriate center.
- Will take concise messages and distribute accordingly, via message pad or by email.
Will use information provided to answer inquiries about enrolling children in PCI Centers and directing callers to appropriate staff or center.
Will always welcome everyone who enters the building, ensure they sign in and are escorted by the staff person they have come to meet with. Will ensure delivered items are signed for and picked up by the assigned staff.
Will assist with the preparation and distribution of PCI Policy Council and Board packages. Will also assist with set-up of meetings as needed.
Will log all incoming, outgoing inter-office and U.S. mail daily. Will maintain an accurate computer file and hard copy of all mail logs.
Will go to the Post Office to pick up Agency mail as scheduled in the absence of the Administrative Assistant..
Will assist with the maintaining of files to include maintaining confidentiality of such correspondence.Will assist with maintaining daily/weekly/monthly scheduled activities and meetings on the CEO Office Calendar. Will keep tract of the requests to use all meetings rooms.
- Will assist with the carrying out of departmental functions in the absence of the Administrative Assistant.
Will assist in preparing communications when needed. Will reconcile monthly fuel billing in a timely manner.
- Will work closely with the CEO Office staff, to include the CEO/HS/EHS Director, and other staff as needed on any and all projects and/or PCI events. Must advise supervisor when people outside of the CEO Office request assistance to ensure departmental deadlines are met first.
Will attend all meetings, training and special activities when required.
Will carry out job duties, responsibilities, and assignments in an efficient, responsible, and professional manner to include accurateness of work performed.
- Will display a positive and professional image and will always treat colleagues in the agency with the utmost respect and , provide the necessary support in order to assist colleagues in fulfilling their responsibilities for this Agency.
Will ensure proper use and maintenance of all equipment assigned.
Will always follow CEO Office protocol. Will become familiar with PCI Policies, local, state, and federal guidelines as they relate to programs administered by the Agency.
- Will perform any other duties as assigned.
- Reporting Child Abuse – Responsible to report child abuse and neglect or suspected child abuse and neglect in accordance with the policy set forth in the PCI Employee Handbook, Head Start Performance Standards and applicable state laws regarding child abuse.
- Confidentiality of Information – Responsible to maintain the confidentiality of information pertaining to children, families, and staff as outlined in the Head Start Performance Standards and PCI Employee Handbook.
- Code of Conduct – Responsible to abide by all standards of conduct as outlined in the Head Start Performance Standards and PCI Employee Handbook.
Ability to work with individuals with special needs, different ethnic or cultural backgrounds or language.
Possess knowledge of answering telephones in a receptionist capacity and working a lobby area. Possess basic computer skills and be open to training that will be provided in all areas required. Possess good oral and written communication skills. Possess effective organizational skills, with attention to detail, and the ability to work on multiple tasks. Possess time management skills to meet deadlines. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Work is performed under supervision of the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
- Work is performed in an office environment. May be asked to assist Program Communications Coordination at a center.
- Must have good driving record in order to be placed on the Agency’s Vehicle Insurance.
- Moderate walking, standing, stooping, sitting, kneeling, bending and twisting, pushing/pulling, overhead reaching/reaching and keyboarding.
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress and answer the phone in a professional and positive manner.\
- Must maintain good attendance.
- May be required to work more than 40 hours during the workweek, work late and/or on weekends.
- Must notify supervisor when absences are expected and call or text at least one hour prior when going to be out sick.
- Subject to visual acuity, speech/hearing, hand/eye coordination, and manual dexterity.
- Ability to lift 5 -10 pounds frequently, 10 – 50 pounds occasionally, more than 50 pounds infrequent
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be interpreted as a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees in this position. Management retains the right to modify, add or delete duties of any positions.
WORKING CONDITIONS FOR THE LISTED POSITIONS
Mental Demands/ Physical Demands/ Environmental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress. Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing, overhead reaching and keyboarding. Subject to visual acuity, speech/hearing, hand/eye coordination, and manual dexterity. May be required to work more than 40 hours during the workweek. Lifts 5-10 pounds occasionally, more than 50 pounds infrequently.
Parent/Child Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, disabilities, sex, religion, national origin or age. Individuals interested in being considered for the above positions and possess the required qualifications are encouraged to submit an application to the Human Resources Office. Interested internal individuals should submit a memo of interest.