Explore Volunteer Opportunities at Parent/Child Incorporated
Parents and community volunteers have become the backbone of PCI's Early Head Start programs. Parents that volunteer are directly involved in their child's development and have direct involvement in decision making and planning through participation in the Parent Center Committee and Policy Council. Community volunteers contribute many valuable services, providing health-screening services, counseling services and a wide variety of assistance to families in need of clothing, housing, employment training and literacy services.
Several ways one can volunteer:
Volunteer In Kitchen:
- Assist with Breakfast, Snacks or Lunch
- Assist with the cleaning of the kitchen
- Assist Teachers with the cleaning of the tables
Volunteer In Classroom:
- Assist with reading to the children
- Assist with helping the children keep up their Hygiene
- Assist with caring for the children on the playground.
Volunteer with Clinics and Field Trips:
- Assist the teachers or collaborators with the dentals, physicals, lap-d’s, etc., or during a field trip.
- Assisting with the supervision of the children
Volunteer with Washing, Cleaning or Sewing:
- Washing your child(ren) sheets
- Cleaning the Office, Kitchen, Classroom / playground
- Sewing sheets, blankets or anything needed for your child(ren) or center’s use.
Volunteer with Making/Collecting Materials:
- Collecting materials for your child(ren) classroom project.
- Making items for your child(ren)classroom project
Volunteer by assisting with other activities:
- Assisted a parent by translating to staff or staff to parent
- Read to the children
- Painting of center fence
- Mowing the center lawn
- Assisting with the painting of the Center
- Washing of the PCI Buses and Vans
Note: Volunteers must have a clear Criminal Record check and a negative TB questionnaire on file with the Education Center Coordinator and the Volunteer Services Department.